RE450 TP Link Extenders are one of the best performing devices available in the market. Extender Setup is easier through Browser method (Google, Firefox, or Safari) or we can do it through WPS too. In this article, we will learn the Setup of TP-Link Extender through Browser Method.
Steps to follow:-
- first and foremost make sure you’re extender is within the range of your router. They can be in the same room or minimum 15 to 20 feet apart for the setup process.
- Now connect your devices to your extender.
- click here to open TP-Link extender setup page tplinkrepeater.net .
- It will prompt you for Username and Password which is “admin” in both the cases and hit log in.
- In case you are setting it up for the first time, it may ask you to create a Username and Password for your Account.
- Now select the REGION and click Next.
- Then TP Link RE450 extender will start scanning all the available network in your area, you will have to choose the 2.4GHz network you want to extend punch in the password.
- Repeat the same process for your 5GHz Network and type in the password.
IMP:- In case your router doesn’t support 5GHz you can simply skip the step by hitting the “Skip” button on the lower right-hand corner.
- Once the extender is working on 2.4GHz and 5GHz it will show you the next page where you can edit SSID of your 2.4GHz and 5GHz network of TP-LInk RE450 extender.
Note:- As we Setup the TP Link RE450 extender it automatically picks up the same SSID as your router. This will help you to experience “Roaming Network”, which is useful in automatically switching between the best available network of your Router and Extender.
- You can also Change SSID of Extender according to your needs, but in that case “Roaming Network” won’t work. Then you will have to manually select the available networks from your WiFi list according to their signal strengths.
- It will then show you the summary page, click on “Finish” when all the configuration looks fine to you.
- Now, Tp-Link RE450 Extender will be reboot itself, it takes around a minimum of 60 seconds for that. Once configured you can unplug it and place it to the location where you need extended WiFi signals.
Note:- Try to place RE450 in direct line of sight of the router if possible for better WiFi coverage.
- Just by looking at the 2.4GHZ and 5GHz lights on the extender you can make sure if the extender is working properly or not.
- These Installation steps can be used for the following models TP-Link RE450, RE580D, RE590T, TL-WA850RE_V2, TL-WA854RE_V2, TL-WA860RE_V2,TL-WA830RE_V3 Models.