This TP-Link Portable Router is designed in such a way that you can carry it wherever you travel. It’s size is what makes it unique from other routers. It can fit easily into your pocket or purse. This N300 wireless router works smoothly with 2.4 GHz devices like chromecast, firestick, etc. You can directly connect your computer, laptop or smart Tv via Ethernet cable between your device and TP-Link TL-WR802N router. You can get a WiFi Speed of upto 300Mbps for creating a hotspot for your friends and family members while staying a hotel etc. It supports Router, Access Point, Repeater and WISP operation modes. Below are the Operation modes explained:-
Wireless Router:- To extend signal by connecting ethernet cable to this Router.
Hotspot Router:- Also to create you own personal hotspot from Wi-Fi network already available.
Range Extender:- It will help you to extend the range of your existing wireless network.
Client:- Enable your wired device ( Tv’s, Games) to connect to WiFi Network.
Access Point:- Connect to an already working router via Ethernet cable to this portable N300 router.
Setup TP-Link N300 (TL-WR802N) as Range Extender
- Firstly, connect your TPLink N300 router into wall outlet and wait till power light turns stable.
- Now use the the default username and password available on the WiFi Info card to connect to the router.
- On your cell phone or laptop, open a browser and in the URl type http://tplinkwifi.net
- When prompted for username and password type “admin” in lowercase for both of the fields. ADMIN is default login for Tp-Link.
- Now start the quick Setup and select the operation mode as range extender and hit NEXT.
- It will now scan all the available Wi-Fi network in your area.
- Once the Scan is completed select your WiFi Network that you want to extend.
- Here, it will ask you to type-in the password for the network that you just selected. You can also customize the name of your range extender here.
- Select the type of the router or leave smart IP as the default settings.
- Lastly, hit “Finish” to complete the Setup of TPlInk TLWR802N N300 portable router as range extender.
Setup TP-Link N300 Router as Access Point
- Firstly, plug in your TPLink N300 router to the power and wait till power lits solid.
- Now connect to your tplink router with the help of username and password available on the Wi-Fi Info tamplet.
- Launch a browser on your mobile device like cell phone or laptop. Type “admin” all lower case when asked for username and password.
- Click Next to start the quick Setup, and select the Access Point option among the list of operation modes.
- It will now show you your Access point network name and password, you can change the details if you want here and click NEXT.
- Finally, Select the type of the router or leave smart IP as the default settings.
- Lastly, hit “Finish” to Setup your TP-Link N300 portable router as Access Point.