TP Link N300 extender Boosts your Internet amazing performance and wide coverage in your entire home or office. Its easy setup helps you to expand your wireless Internet at a push of the WPS button. It is compatible with any Wi-Fi router or wireless access point. Its rival NETGEAR N300 extender (EX2700) is also a great product but with a higher price. The TL-WA855RE works best with routers that support N300 WiFi and above. Before we Setup of TP-Link TLWA855RE Range extender, we should get familiar with the LED lights on our device.
Understanding Light Status Before setup
Flashing green:- Extender is booting up.
Red:- Range Extender is ready for Setup.
Green:- Setup is complete.
Understanding Light Status After setup:-
Flashing Green:- Extender is paring to the router.
Red:- Paring failed and not detecting any signal.
Orange:- Pairing successful but the signal is weak.
Green:- pairing successful and signal is good.
- Firstly, Plug in your Range Extender into a wall outlet near your router.
- The LED light on your extender will flash green, which indicates it is turning on.
- As soon as the light on your extender turns red it means your range extender is ready for Setup.
- Now you need to open WiFi list on any of your device like laptop, computer, desktop, cellphone or tablet.
- In your WiFi list, you will have to select your TP Link extender network it will show up there as “TP Link TLWA855RE“.
- In this Step, you need to type tplinkrepeater.net in the URL or address bar of your browser(google, firefox, edge, etc) and hit enter.
- It will now take you to your Tp Link N300 Setup Page.
- Moreover, To login into your Range extender use “Admin” for both Username and Password Fields.
- Most likely, To maintain your security it will ask you to change your default Username and Password.
- The very next Step involves you to select your main router network among the list of all the available networks.
- And you need to punch in the Router Password for your selected network name and hit Next.
- Here, we recommend you to change the default SSID of the TP Link Extender and Rename it something different than your Router’s SSID.
- After Verifying your Settings click save.
- It takes around 60 seconds (depending upon your router speed too) for extender to Setup.
- Once done it will show you a congratulations display, you need to hit finish there.
- Once Properly Setup the LED on the TL-WA855RE will turn solid green. You can unplug the extender now.
- Lastly, Place it halfway between your router and the actual place where you need the internet.