Skip to content
- Firstly, Plug the TP-Link RE220 Extender for Setup closer to your router like within 5 to 10 feet of the range.
- Observe the power LED on the router once it turns solid green then it means its ready for Configuration.
- Download the Tether App on your smart phone. Click here to Download Tether App for Android | For iOS.
- Go to Settings on your smart phone and click on WiFi, Turn your WiFi On and wait till the WiFi list refreshes.
- Now click on the default SSID of TP-Link Extender among the list of available network, It will show up as “TP-Link Extender“.
- click on default SSID and hit join the network.
- Now launch the Tether App on your smart phone and tap TP-Link RE220 Extender Setup which will automatically pop-up in your App.
- moreover, It will now ask you to create a password for managing your extender’s account.
- Once you create a password the Tether App will look for the WiFi Network available in your area.
- Among the list of the available WiFi Network you will have to select your router SSID and punch in the password.
- In case your router support 5GHz too, select 5GHz and punch in the password.
NOTE:- skip the step if your router doesn’t supports 5GHz.
- Now you will have to confirm the SSID and Password for your Host Network.
- In the next step, you can change the default name of your Extended network.
IMP:- In case your Host network name is ABC then the default extended network will come up as ABC_Ext.
- The TP-Link RE220 Range Extender will reboot now it takes around 90 seconds.
- Now you can unplug the AC750 RE220 Extender, best option is to plug it halfway between your router and the place where you need WiFi signal.
- Lastly, For Better connectivity place the Extender away from large appliances.